In 2013 Dr. Wolfram Luithardt, teacher at the School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg (HEIA-FR) had the idea to establish an international and academic competence center in safety and reliability in Fribourg. Companies such as Johnson Electric International, Liebherr Machines Bulle, Meggitt and the HEIA-FR gathered together to bring this idea to reality by creating ROSAS in June 2015.
ROSAS (RObust and SAfe Systems) intends to promote functional safety, cybersecurity, model based engineering and intelligent systems in academies and industries through innovative developments and a strong network of trained engineers in an entrepreneurial oriented ecosystem.
• Definition and execution of research programs
• Delivery of R&D services for third-party companies and organisations
• Train a new generation of highly qualified Safety Engineers
• Establish close cooperation with universities and research institutes as well as standardization and certification bodies
• Integrate multidisciplinary engineering activities via the schools of Fribourg
• Grow ROSAS to an internationally reputed center of excellence
• Interact and collaborate with regional actors, thus creating local growth and employment
• Build an ecosystem enabling spin-offs to thrive